The best rental apartments in St. Louis, Missouri all have certain features in common. Knowing what features to look for can simplify the apartment-hunting process. Here are five features that every apartment should have:
1. Excellent Internet access and cell phone reception. In the modern world, having access to the Internet is more than a luxury – it is a necessity. The same goes for having a clear cell phone signal. Unless you want to pay for a landline, you need to make sure that you can make and receive calls from inside the apartment. Luckily, many of today’s apartments are outfitted with high-speed Internet. While you are touring the apartment, make sure to check the signal strength on your cell phone, as well.
2. Plenty of water pressure. Nothing is worse than standing under a barely-dripping showerhead, trying to get clean. Always check the water pressure at an apartment before agreeing to rent it.
3. A lot of storage. One of the biggest problems that people run into when renting apartments is that they don’t have enough room to store all of their belongings. You can get around this problem by looking for an apartment that has plenty of storage. Check out how many closets are available. Make sure that you have enough room to fit all of your belongings.
4. An outdoor space. Unlike single-family homes, most apartments don’t have yards. That doesn’t mean, however, that you have to settle for an apartment without any outdoor space. The best apartments usually have balconies or small patios located outdoors where you can get some fresh air. Having an extra outdoor space can give you more room to spread out. In a way, it is a little bit like having an extra room that is located outside your apartment.
5. High-quality appliances. Even if you don’t do a lot of cooking, it is still important to look for an apartment that has nice appliances. At a bare minimum, it should be outfitted with a refrigerator, a stove, and a microwave. In an ideal world, it should also have a washer and dryer so that you can do laundry on site without having to go to a laundromat.
As you look at apartment rentals in St. Louis, Missouri, keep your eyes peeled for all of these features. Looking for a place that has all of the items on this list is a great way to ensure that your new apartment meets all of your basic needs.